Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Life is Messy

Being a Mom is messy. I feel like I have come a long way in accepting a level of chaos in our home. However, yesterday was a bit much for even a seasoned Mom to take.

First, I found a large (it would have taken several trips and a large bucket) pile of dirt in the middle of the living room floor. On my way to get the broom, I stepped on a banana on the kitchen floor. With smashed banana between my toes, I ran to a call for help from Elise that must have been a recipient of one of those buckets full of water and dirt (= mud) dumped on her head. When Keith got home, he pointed out that I had a greenish in color mouth print on my can, hope that happened after I got home from running errands.

After cleaning up dinner dishes, sweeping the floor, vacuuming the living areas and folding laundry, I was ready for a little down time with Keith. We sat down to get through some shows saved up in the DVR when we heard Joshua start to cry. I found him in the middle of his room looking pale and concerned, so I started taking him to the bathroom. That is when he started throwing up all over my feet.

Hum, not my best day.

1 comment:

lizzo said...

I cannot believe that all happened in one day. I am so sorry. I really feel so bad for you.

I hope today is better!