Friday, September 5, 2008

My Sweet Son



As I was falling asleep last night (exhausted from my day with a 2 1/2 year old boy), my heart was full of gratitude for my son and the life he brings to our home. I have never seen anybody with more energy. He always seems to find trouble and I secretly have to giggle at the things he does most of the time, but he is a sweet little boy with so much personality.

It has been so fun to watch his communication develop. I have gotten pretty good at deciphering his toddler code. A few of my favorite words and their translation;

Pip = chip

punkcan = pumpkin

Lise = His little sister Elise

Bumbo = Dumbo (one of his favorite movies)

Race Pool = swimming pool (after watching the Olympics all pools are race pools)

As tired as I get of tripping over matchbox cars, trains, trucks and planes, I LOVE being a mom to a boy. Now if I can only figure out how to get him to stop catching ants with a blade of grass and smashing them with his finger.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Darling.

lizzo said...

In response to your comment...I'm just glad it was a different state besides Utah this time.

Oh and I really love that picture of Joshua. This post is sweet.