Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Pig Please


Last week, we bought Joshua a piggy bank. The day we brought it home we gave him a couple of dollars in change to put in the bank. I didn't think that he understood the concept of money until yesterday. He made his first purchase- a chocolate chip cookie at our neighbors lemonade stand. He ran over with a shiny quarter which he surrendered only when he had a cookie in his little palm. I was getting Elise ready for bed tonight when Joshua appeared in the doorway. Our conversation went like this-


Joshua- "pig pleeeeeese"

Robyn- "what is in your hand Joshua"

Joshua- "monies"


He had a handful of change. I thought it was cute and figured he found money in the couch or on the floor, so I let him put the coins in his bank. I went back to Elise's room. A few minutes later Joshua showed up in the door to request the pig again to deposit an even bigger handful of change. After a little searching, I found my purse dumped out on the dining room floor. Apparently, our son has sticky fingers. Future guests....hold on to your wallets.

2 comments:

lizzo said...

That is so funny! I guess he also understands that we're in rough economic times?! :)

angie said...

welcome to blogdom! i love your cute family pictures!